Last night I stayed up late to watch the men's 4X100m relay. I was not dissapointed!! That was the most amazing race I have ever seen. Maybe it was the hype that led up to it - France's team doing all that trash talking, Michael Phelps being a member of the team - whatever the case may be - THAT was a GREAT race!! I don't know how to spell the swimmer's name that was the anchor of the team, but man was he in the zone. He started his turn in the water behind the french team, and in the last 25 meters, he pulled up and then by the length of his fingertips - he pulled out a victory and a gold medal win for the American team!!! The commentators were naysaying the entire race "The team from France are highly favored, America can't win this one, I just don't think they can win this one, They'll probably get the silver medal, blah, blah, blah" - In the end it was all talk - and the actions of those athletes spoke louder than any words!!
I could only find the final leg of the race to post but it is worth watching. Hope you enjoy it
As I was typing this it got me thinking about the press and how they talk, and what they talk about. We can't believe what they say folks - they have an agenda that we as Christians can't be a part of. We have to make decisions based on truth and act on those decisions. Don't let the press get you down and have you believe that this country is done/finished. We must be diligent in our prayers. We must stand strong in our convictions. Remember, God is in control and it is Him that we serve.
The Story is Mine to Tell
9 years ago




6 comments:
Great post and a great reminder. Very true!!
Glad you enjoyed the race!
I saw it too!!!! Wow, it was amazing. Way to go American men...living it instead or trash talking!! i was so proud for them, and proud to be American!!!
Just goes to show heart will take you a long long way!
You are right M, the world has it's own agenda. We must just stay focused and live for the one who really matters.
T
I hate the press...okay that was strong, but sometimes I get so fed up with news and news anchors and early morning talk show hosts. We do need to remember that they have a different agenda. I stand alongside you in SHOUTING "don't listen to them. They have no REAL wisdom!"
hugs,
terri
Sorry everyone - I don't know what happened to the video - if you can find it elsewhere on the web - it is worth watching -
Sorry again
M.
Great post...very true!
I bet it's because NBC holds the copyright on it. It probably wasn't supposed to be put on the web in the first place. I heard this stuff was happening with the opening ceremonies, too---and they delayed showing those for 12 hours...do I need to say again that i hate the press? It's all about the money they want for people viewing their site and their network.
Post a Comment