CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer stuff

Hey out there - I’m still alive and kickin’ in case anyone is wondering!

I was actually checking out the blogs today and saw my site as the next to the bottom on everyone’s activity lists because it has been over 2 months since I last posted. That is a crime and I had to take action!!

Our computer was on the fritz last week, so we had to re-do everything, excuse me, I mean EVERYTHING!! My e-mail address book - gone, my favorites - gone, my picture software stuff - gone! It’s like starting over. I was going to do a post with pictures or a slide show - nope - not gonna happen anytime soon - gotta redo all that too. If any of you would be so kind as to send me your email address so I can get my book back in order - that would be great!

As to what we’ve been up to…

We finished swim season - Go Barracudas!!
The week after practices were over, I was so optimistic about my schedule. Since we didn’t have to get up early and go to the pool every day, I had such grand plans - still get up early every day and then fill the day with cleaning, organizing, exercising…. Well, not much of anything happened last week on any of those fronts. But this is another week and I am bound and determined to make up for last weeks lazy-ness!!

I would be remiss if I failed to mention how proud I am of my children and their swimming abilities! Kailey would’ve gone to State as the #1 seed in her age group in the 25 yd backstroke!! Unfortunately, we had other commitments and couldn‘t go to state. Micah had extra lessons (in addition to daily practice with the team) from Rachel G. and he became an amazing swimmer for his age!! He tried to teach me breaststroke the other day and let’s just say I need some more lessons. I highly recommend Rachel for swim instruction! She is a great teacher and a great coach.

We are gearing up for our trip to the Last Frontier - Alaska! We will be going on the 16th of August. I’m getting so excited. If anyone has any suggestions for road trip/ plane trip ideas for the children - please send them my way. These have to be pretty small/pack able ideas - we are only allowed one suitcase and one carry on. We have a 7 ½ hour plane trip to fill up (both ways) and then lots of time on the road when we get there. I’m not a very creative person and would appreciate any helpful ideas you can pass on. If I were a techno-savvy person, I would love to post from our vacation and fill everyone in - I love reading posts from people on their trips - it’s like we are all there together. Any tips on doing posts from exotic locales??

7 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Marilyn, I'm soooo jealous of your trip. I love to RV. We use to have a travel trailer and absolutely loved it. We outgrew the one we had and unfortunately have not been able to replace it. Not only that, but ALASKA!!! That sounds like such an adventure. You'll probably see a lot of Moose. The ones in Yellowstone were huge. I bet the ones in Alaska are giant! I was so in awe of them. You have a great time!
Terri

Klingbeil Family said...

Kurt's one hope is to see a moose. When we were in Yellowstone we never saw a moose. From what we've heard, we stand the best chance of seeing moose in Anchorage proper - how wierd would that be - moose in the city!

MBJones said...

Marilyn,
That trip sounds like so much fun. My Dad has been twice and thought it was amazing. Please take lots of pictures. Glad to see you're back. "The lurker" has missed your posts!
Love,
MB

Tammy Howard said...

If you see more than one moose is it a meece?

Welcome back!!

Can't wait to see the pictures from your trip. I hope you have a great time!!!

Tammy

Brad and Shana said...

Marilyn,

We talked last night about posting from your trip.

But as far as travel activities, there is a link for travel on familyfun.com - I sometimes use this site to find fun crafts for the kids. I haven't specifically looked at the travel site, so I don't know what is there, but you can check it out.

Brad backpacked in Alaska for a couple of weeks. He got to see both cities and the countryside that way. He loved it.

I know y'all are going to make some great memories.

Shana

Klingbeil Family said...

Thanks Shana - I'll check out that site.

Maddie said...

Way to go Kailey and Micah!!! We are proud of you! Hope you have a fabulous time in Alaska!!