CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

All in One

Hey there! No I did not drop off the planet - just took a little detour on this road we call "life"!! We've had a few things going on here since the last post. This will be, in the words of my pastor, a "hodge podge" post - trying to get caught up all in one....

1. I almost broke my big toe helping Kurt get the pool installed. I say almost because as we found out, it is almost impossible to break your big toe unless you crush it - and I did not crush it - just twisted it in a direction it shouldn't go! OUCH! But it is just about healed up and I am walking alot quicker these days.
2. We've started studying Russia last week and will continue for the next couple weeks. I'll post some pictures when we get done (yes, I think I have conquered the picture problem). We're planning on having a Russian meal to wrap up the study - anyone have any great russian recipes?
3. Kailey read scripture for church last Sunday! Wow was that a milestone! I know I wouldn't have wanted to do something like that when I was 9 years old! But then, as a nine year old I didn't have what Kailey has - an awesome church family that loves her, supports her, believes in her, and considers her a child of their own. Pastor Dewey related to me last evening that as Kailey was getting ready to read, he was watching out over the congregation and he could see in all the faces that each and every one was pulling for her, just wanting her to do well. It is an amazing thing to be a part of such a loving extended family. All of our children are like siblings - yes they have little dips in the road with their relationships, but they get them worked out and go on. Just knowing that we are all there supporting each other in this very challenging road of parenthood - it is so comforting. I better wrap this part up before I get teary!
4. I got Kailey and Micah signed up for swim team for the summer. They will start first thing Tuesday morning. How would you like to be in the pool at 8:00a.m. every morning? Brrrrr!! I'll keep you posted on any developments there. Kailey has to move up an age group this year, so it'll be more of a challenge for her, but she loves it enough that it should still be fun. Micah will be new to swim team this year and he's still developing in that area. But he's such a competitive little thing - I think he'll do great!
5. Other than these things and life in general, nothing really "new" has been going on. I think that gets me caught up.

I've included a slide show of the new pool for your enjoyment. The pool wasn't even finished the whole way before Kailey just had to get in! She is a water baby!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kailey, you did a GREAT job with the scripture reading last Sunday!!! We are very proud of you! Your love of reading truly shows.

The pool looks like it will get A LOT of use this summer. Don't think I could handle the 67 degrees....brrrrr!!!

Brad and Shana said...

Great kids, great post, great scripture reading, great slide show......everything, just great!!

Enjoy the pool this summer!

Maddie said...

I'm with Sandy, brrrr is right! Looks like they handled it pretty well though! :)

Nancy Suits said...

Kailey you did a WONDERFUL job on the scripture reading!! Can't wait to hear you again.

Tammy Howard said...

Kailey you did such a great job....Aunt Tammy was so proud!!!

Love the new pool and the pictures!!!

Tammy

Jenny said...

Kailey certainly did a wonderful job. Both of your kids are growing up so fast! The slideshow is adorable and I'm glad you haven't fallen off the face of the earth...I'd be sad.

:)