Just a quick note today to say what a wonderful Mother's Day I had yesterday.
Kurt and the children surprised me with a hammock! Yes that's right - a hammock! I have wanted one for years and that man of mine didn't forget!
He put it up between two trees and I got to enjoy the blue skies and the green tree tops swaying in the wind yesterday. Actually it was more like gusts - but it was still very peaceful. I love wind - the feel of it, the sound of it, the refreshing nature of it - ahhh it soothes my soul! I got to be the first to try it out. Micah went and got me a pillow and Kailey got me a blanket and I was snug and cozy with the wind rocking me oh so gently. Can you just picture it? If I were able to download pictures without it taking me two hours, I would include one - but for now you'll just have to use your imagination! (If any of you savvy bloggers would be willing to give me a tutorial on picture downloading - I would be soooo grateful!)
Kurt even made me my favorite dinner - white spaghetti - and did the dishes. He added his own twist to the recipe, but it was very good!
Then I got to talk to my mother for at least an hour - which I don't do nearly as often as I should. Someday I'll have to do a post dedicated to her and how much I admire her for all she had to endure while raising her brood. There just never seems to be time enough to do all we intend to do - does there?
Hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day too!
The Story is Mine to Tell
9 years ago




7 comments:
Happy Mother's Day, Marilyn. Your description made me relax!
Sounds like a fabulous day!
Marilyn,
I am so glad to see that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!! You deserved it! I relaxed as well reading your description of the hammock. I, too, have wanted one for years. I might have to come to your house to relax in yours for a moment or two! :)
Happy Mother's Day to you my friend!! It sounds like it was one you will treasure for years!!
Love you,
Cyndi
I'm so glad you had a peaceful and relaxing Mother's Day. You deserve to be pampered. Good job, Kurt!
It's nice to be queen for a day every once in a while.....glad you got some much needed R&R (who doesn't need it)
M,
I'm glad you got spoiled for Mother's Day! You deserve it!
I'd love to have a hammock too! What a great place to nap!!
Love,
T
Post a Comment