CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Friends

I had the opportunity to go away on a women's weekend this past weekend, and I went - and I am so glad I did. There were 19 women and 3 babies in a ginormous cabin in Gatlinburg. Saying "I had a great time" just isn't sufficient. There were so many levels of time spent this weekend.

There was shopping time - which included "tats," eating shrimp, and seeing what different styles we like.

There was game time - which involved getting to see who are the competitive ones - some I already knew were VERY competitive!!!

There was talking time(s) - which involved really opening up and seeing others open up in ways we don't normally have the opportunity to do.

There was walking time - which involved sweating and learning that, unlike siblings, friends will wait for you and won't leave you.

There was pampering time - which involved friends who enjoy doing things for another simply to make your friend feel better.

There was creative time - which involved sharing ideas, getting help from each other and then sometimes figuring it out on our own.

So now you can see why I can't just say I had a great time! These are precious memories that I will store away for a rainy day when I need to remind myself that I am blessed with friends who are real and imperfect just like me.

God gives gifts in all kinds of packages, and in giving these gifts, He is saying "I love you" in a whole new way.

11 comments:

Maddie said...

I am so enjoying reading all the posts about our weekend. We each use different words to say the same things. Friendship is a gift from a God who loves us beyond measure! I enjoyed hanging out with you this weekend!

MBJones said...

You are on the ball with your blog, girl! I loved everyone's sweet spirit of acceptance and love this weekend. It was truly special and comforting to me.

Love,
MB

Brad and Shana said...

Wow, very well said indeed. I love your 'take' on the weekend, and I especially loved what you said about God giving gifts in different packages.....

We are blessed and I am greatful!

Shana

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Marilyn, I so enjoyed getting to know you this weekend and I would never leave you on a walk OR while you're brushing your teeth...hee hee.
Terri

Nancy Suits said...

Love your post!! I am so glad that I was able to get to know all of you better and that I can call all of you my friends. Can't wait till next year.
Nancy

Tammy Howard said...

Since I haven't done mine yet...I think I will just copy and paste yours over to my blog...since it said what we are all feeling right now....

It was a great time and I loved being with my sisters!!

Tammy

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

Marilyn, I had a great time with you girls this weekend. I really needed time away and I am soooo glad I got to spend it with all of you.

Thank you for the beautiful dress, it looks adorable on Ella!!!
Love ya, Angela

Cyndi Lou said...

Marilyn,

I LOVED your post!! I have checked your blog several times today!! :) I loved the take you had on the weekend and the words you used to describe what a special weekend it was! God has truly blessed us and He showed me how wonderful each of you are in whole new ways this weekend!

Thank you for opening up and for being so transparent and we would NEVER leave you while you were brushing your teeth!

Love you,

Cyndi

Tamara Chastain said...

You said it so well, friendship is truly a gift from God. Thanks for sharing.

Nana Elaine said...

Marilyn,
I am so glad you had such a great time on the girls weekend. As I have said before your fun times and your friendship bonds just grows deeper over the years.
I think you are an awesome lady of God. I saw the many gifts and talents God has bestowed on you while you worked with our children.
Blessings on you!!
LoveYa
Elaine

Jenny said...

You are so precious and a gift! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better this weekend. Sweet tat by the way. :)